Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's Late Again

Here it is, late again... and I'm up. Gravy, I can't be off work long before my hours start to turn around. I guess I need to get back to work.

I know I've totally blown off my 30 days of me. Of course, I really didn't blow it off, but I DID blow off writing about it. Problem is, when I don't do anything, I have plenty of time to write and nothing to write about. Then when I'm totally busy I have loads to talk about and no time to write. Oh well, so are the tough problems in life. Lol.

I've been on "vacation" since last Friday and it has been truly great. I was kinda disappointed that we weren't going anywhere til closer to fall to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We decided to stay at home and get some things done that really needed to get done that we have no time to ever do. I wasn't really looking forward to it if I can be honest. However, it always seems that the things I dread the most are the things I enjoy and the things I look forward to can sometimes bring me disappointment.

We've gotten all the big things done at the house we needed to get done. (Which is a huge load off our backs.) We've had kids at our house all week... which I love. It's been months and months since I've really been able to relax and have the kids hang out over here. I'm always at work and we're always running 90 mph to get to the next thing. I've had lunches and dinners and fun with friends and family. Mark and I have been able to spend alot of time together and we've caught up on our sleep. (Man, that's the best part!)lol. Normally we take vacation and when I get back from vacation I'm already behind b/c I need to do laundry, clean the house and take a nap! But I'm feeling good and like I can go back to work and be productive and relaxed. Weird. It's a first.

I've worked pretty hard on this 30 day thing. I think it's going to stay in progress. I can say that in the last 15 or more days I have decidedly begun to think more about what I'm feeling and less about what people are thinking about me. You can like me or leave me. I've begun to realize that I have a pretty wonderful circle of family and friends to support me. And for them, I am truly thankful.