Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 4-Cleaning~ Not what it's Cracked Up To Be

Day 4 began bright and early. Of course, part of my plan to clean was foiled by my husband. He slept today and so I had to be quiet so as not to wake him. Well, this makes cleaning no fun. If I'm gonna clean, I want to turn on the radio loudly, and boogie down while cleaning. The whole cleaning in quiet and solitude only made me not want to clean. Uh oh. Don't worry, dear reader, I did get quite a bit done, although the bedrooms need some sprucing... I'll get to it tomorrow.

I had a nice lunch with my mom and her new boyfriend. Then went to up to work for a bit. I came back home and began to start to work on the house a bit more. However, when I went into my room to start cleaning again, my bed began to call my name and I, not wanting to be rude, began to visit it by laying down and having a little nap on it. Upon waking from my nap, I decided to ask myself the question... "What do you want to do????" The answer today is, I want to watch movies. So, I began my night with "Under the Tuscan Sun" and "The Sandlot" . I'm rather enjoying these... and since my secret dream is to go to Italy and spend at least a month living in a small town "Under the Tuscan Sun" is especially fun to watch.

I think it would be a much more fun 30 days to ask myself "What do you want to do?" if I had an endless money supply. Maybe the best thing is to be surrounded by everyday things you can afford readily when asking yourself "what do you want to do?" so that it becomes easier in your everyday life. If I had as much money as I wanted to do what I wanted to do it would be like a vacation, right?? Eh, whatever. The cleaning thing wasn't what it was cracked up to be. And then I had to ask myself... what in the heck was I thinking WANTING to clean the house??? No one WANTS to clean their house, they just want a clean house. However, I have wished many times for a clean house and I know that particular genie "Ain't grantin' me no wishes!." Lol.

Anyway, I'm going back to enjoying my movies and hoping that this next week brings me more interesting fodder to write about. But 30 days of writing I promised, and 30 days of writing you will get... no matter how (ahem) entertaining it is.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment