Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 5- I'm goin' DOWN today. =(

Ok, to vent or to try to be positive first??? It won't take me long to be positive so let me get that out of the way.

Day 5. Highlight- Lunch with Michelle =) I'm so glad I had this to look forward to b/c if I hadn't had that I'd be in some deep doo in the positive department. The only thing I could do to improve this lunch was to have made it longer!

I also got alot done at work today. (Look, I'm trying to find positive things...ok?)

Now to vent. Where should I start? The alarm clock sits on my husband's side of the bed and this morning when it went off I half yelled/ half groaned for him to hit snooze. Well, he hit off. Not his fault, but still made me do that jump out of the bed thing with your heart racing, a four letter word on the tip of your tongue and no time for a shower icky feeling that stays with you all day long.

I get to work and finally call the doctor b/c after about 5 months of being sick everyday I've decided enough is enough. (Have I told you I hate going to the doctor?? With a passion beyond anyone's understanding?) They inform me that if I cancel this appointment I will be charged since I have canceled the last 3 appointments. (Pooh... now I've got to go!) I go, and walk into the office only to see about 20 other people sitting in there. (Gravy, you know it's gonna be a long one now!) I wait at the window, feeling like a complete dumbass b/c there is a sign on the window saying... "Don't tap on the window, we see you and we'll get to the window soon." I stand there, looking thru the frosted window at the newest addition to this obviously tortured office staff. I swear, my doctor is wonderful, but his office staff has to be trained by the "queen of crappy service" medical extroardinare. It's like a school they must all go thru to work in the office there. I'm trying to be patient, seeing this office member on the phone, trying to give her the benifit of the doubt that she's on the phone with a patient, until she hangs up with a "love ya, boo". She pushes the window open, chomping on her gum, (I assume) and just stares at me. Ok... "Christi Downs, 3:30...I'm here" She says nothing but hands me the clip board with at least as many papers as when I bought my house. She says, "fill these out" and shuts the window. Um... HELLO... I tap on the window, a "no-no" as stated on the window, but I'm losing my 30 day positivity attitude. "I'm not a new patient." I say. She looks at me like I'm possibly the dumbest human on the planet and tells me that I have to fill out new insurance information every time I come in. I tell her, I've been going to ya'll for 12 years... I have the EXACT same insurance and information that I've had for the last 10 years and I have no need to fill out the new forms that say EXACTLY what the old forms say. (Now I see the office manager... who is the leader of bad service in this office give me... the look) There is a slight look of panic from the newbie as she doesn't know what to do with one like me, who is out of her lexapro, doesn't like going to the doctor, and has also tapped on the glass. (I'm a rebel) They let me go sit down. Where my new HELL begins. We have new big screen tv's now in the office. Wonderful. We are watching Planet Earth. Ok. I sit there for an hour watching Cougars eat zebra, wildebeast, pumba's, bambi-like creatures, and small gazelles... all babies. A-TRO-CIOUS. Um, forty-five minutes later (and honey, it was still on) I thought I might ask someone if I could watch baby seals being clubbed to death... I thought it might be less graphic and upsetting. But finally, mercifully, my name is called. Nurses and Doctors are wonderful... except for the wonderful slew of tests I'm going to be subjected to in the next couple of weeks. I'm having stomach issues... let your mind think of all the neat test possibilities. Fun. I think God is testing my 30 day theory.

Finally done. Back to work, which is good.

Tomorrow is another day. Hurry up, new day. lol

Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment