Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 12, 1995-2010







August 12, 1995 is the day it all started. I remember being so incredibly scared, and totally unsure of what I was doing. If I had known then that this would be one of the best and most life impacting decisions I was to make I would have no doubt relaxed and tried to remember each and every solitary detail of the day. (I sure am glad we taped it!)lol






Let me tell you about my husband. Simply put, he is the best man I've ever met. There is no way that I can even begin to put into words what Mark has done for me. He has taught me how to forgive and let go, how to let myself be happy, and that no matter what, he's not going anywhere. He has healed hurts in me that no therapist could even touch. He is my family, in every since of the word. He loves me unconditionally, and I know that is incredibly hard to do. We've been through great times, good times, and bad times. Even in the worst of these, he has never so much as threatened to go anywhere. (I'm a runner~I run when things get bad... and Mark has showed and taught me that I don't ever have to run when it comes to him.) He's the best dad I could have ever imagined for Kirsten. Watching them together just makes my heart swell.






There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for sending Mark to me. I have no doubt that God put him in my life, and I am eternally grateful.






Mark, I love the life we've made together. There is no one or no where I'd rather be than right here with you. (Maybe I'd like to be with you in Hawaii though) Thank you for spending the last 15 years with me. Thank you for being with me when I'm good, fun, bitchy, kind, stand-offish, crazy-good and crazy-bad, moody, brave, and not so brave. I love you, every part of you, your good and bad, your quirks, and your OCD. (lol.) You're amazing to me and I can't wait to spend the next 50 years with you.






Christi









No comments:

Post a Comment