Sunday, May 30, 2010

The End of An Era













Kirsten has completed middle school. She starts high school next year. Truly amazing, where did this year go? Where did the last 14 years go?? Yesterday it seems like she was toddling around, and now here she is starting high school.

This year has been full of surprises. Kirsten started 8th grade in public school at Gentry. Her first year in public school was wonderful. I was so nervous I cried the first week before school everyday wondering if I was doing the right thing. God SO took care of things. I can truthfully say this has been the best year I can remember for her. She really flourished. She surely showed me... I was so scared she'd flounder and be eaten up by the HUGE school and all the kids. God answered every prayer I put in front of Him with her wonderful teachers, great friends, safety and happiness for her, and a comforting hand for me.

Now, don't get me wrong... High school makes me nervous too! lol. But, I'll be nervous for her always. And alot of my nervousness has turned to excitement since she made Stars. She's so happy and excited, it's hard not to catch it! Now, I think of the wonderful things she's going to have in store for her these next four years. Stars will be wonderful, and I hear, like a family... she even gets to go to New York City with them next year... and you can bet that means I get to go too! =) (She's already asked me to go... can I tell you how happy that makes me???) I'm excited to see what this beautiful, amazing young woman does. For the next four years of high school, for the four years after in college, and for the rest of her life. I couldn't be more proud.

Kirsten, you have so much in store for you. I look forward to seeing all the different paths that are put in front of you and which you choose to take. I pray that you stay rooted in God, and that you always look His direction before stepping out into the world... you can never go wrong if you always look to Him. I'm so glad that He chose me to be your mom, and that I have the privelege of raising you. I love you. Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment