Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pat's Birthday Blog.





As always, I'm behind. Pat was born on April 16th...I won't tell you her birthday year in case she's keeping secrets! lol.

Pat. Where do I begin?? Boy, I love this lady. I've been married to her son for almost 15 years, and one of the best things that came with him, was his mother. We've always been close. She lived in Dayton for about the first 10 years we were married. She would come over and spend the weekends with us, teaching me all about crafts, getting me into stamping, hanging out and teaching me how to put on one heck of a halloween carnival!!!! No matter what was going on, Pat was always there to help pitch in. If I wanted to paint a room... she'd say, "let's do it". If I didn't know how to cut out wood with a table saw, she'd say, "come on, I'll show ya." Pat taught me how to do all kinds of things, I NEVER would have tried without her.

About five years ago, Pat and Mark (her husband) moved on the next street over from me. Everyone always says, "oh my gosh, how can you live that close to your in-laws?" Well, first of all, they aren't your average in-laws... and second, we've always been respectful of each other living that close.

Almost 5 months ago, I came to her and asked her about wanting to open a scrapbook store. It went something like this... "Pat, the lady at Scrapbook Emporium is selling her business, you want to buy it with me?" Pat looks at me a second and says, "Sure." That's what I love about Pat!

In the last 5 months I can tell you we have gone beyond the closeness we've always shared. We went into this business scared but excited. It has been amazing to share this with her. We've been together every step of the way. When one person has a bad day, the other person is there to lift us up. She has truly been a blessing to me. (Especially the day she saved my life doing the heimlich on me!!!) We can look at each other and know what the other is thinking before we even say anything, we laugh loudly and soundly EVERY day, we share in the excitement, the scariness and the ABSOLUTE fun in owning this business together. (We never imagined when we opened this store the amazing people and the FUN we would have) I love that it has really opened up Pat to her goofy side!!! (She cracks me up) No matter what ever happens with this business, I know it has only made us closer and for that no money could ever repay!

Pat plays many hats with me. Mother-in-law, grandmother to my child, neighbor, business partner, and my friend. She is the best "Mother-I.L" I could ever have hoped for, and the best partner I could have ever wished for. We always laughed saying we didn't see each other as much when she moved on the next street as when she lived in Dayton. Well, I believe we are making up for it now!!! (And I dont' mind a bit)

Love You Always.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment