Tuesday, May 4, 2010

8th Grade Dance



Oh my gosh, I'm old. Kirsten went to the 8th grade dance last weekend for Gentry. It was quite the eye opener. First of all, my baby is going into High School. WHAT????? Is this possible? I mean in four years she'll be going off to college, which is scary b/c I still have to curl her hair in the morning... how is she going to go to college if she can't do her own hair????? (I'm getting off subject) ANYWAY, It was so wonderful and yet sad. I hate that.

This is the first time we had the whole boy/girl go by yourself to dinner. The coursages and boutinere (sp) which I have to say, was quite hilarious. I think it took about 9 people to get his boutinere to stay on and I hear when he took off his shirt he had 9 blood stains where everyone had pricked him!! Poor little man!

This is the first time I had not chaperoned the dance, much less planned it. I had to work that night so I couldn't chaperone. But, I still got pictures... and I think she might have been glad that she got to go without me hanging around finally. Just one more thing I have to start letting go of... I did go in to get something she had forgotten afterward.... man, that wasn't like any middle school dance I had gone to. Ours were always at the gym, with punch and maybe some balloons. This was at Especial Events, they had an ICE SCULPTURE, catered food, and knock out decorations. Those ladies did a wonderful job. I was amazed.

Anyway, it was the last big Hurrah of the 8th grade year. Well, except for the class trip and all, but next year will be a whole other ball game. And although I'm sooo excited for her in her upcoming year... I wish I could slow down the years. They just go by too fast.

The important thing was, she had a blast, her friends had a blast, they were all beautiful, and there were a number of afterparties which I was pleasantly suprised to find out about, b/c like me the parents want them to get used to going to their house and not out drinking after these dances.

I think I'm ready for next year.... but it still made me feel old. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment