Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Giving God the Glory

Today, I had a day off. It's weird, because besides cleaning, grocery shopping and going to Sam's I have nothing to do. I am able to sit around alittle today and do nothing. Precious. So, this morning I was doing my quiet time and I realized how incredibly blessed I am. I felt led to share...

A year ago, things weren't so bright. I was scared, emotionally closed off, and depressed about what came next. I DID lean on God, but not enough... If I had leaned on him enough, I would have had faith about how things were going to turn out. God has such a tremendous plan.

Today, I'm so thankful for my husband, who has totally supported me, (and I'm not always easy to support) my child, who's strength and ability to laugh at herself never ceases to astound me. My family, we are a work in progress, but we are definitely progressing and I am SOO thankful. My wonderful friends, old and new, I had lost faith in people and they have totally restored that faith. This new business God has given me, I'm loving it. And all the little things, I take for granted, house, car, food, dogs, Mark's job, etc....

Now dear reader, this reads like a braggy Christmas letter, I know. BUT, I know that tomorrow everything can be turned upside down, fall to pieces and I'll be all poopy once again. But today, I have to give God the glory and just say out loud how thankful I am for what He has given me. Sometimes, I don't do that enough... I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. But I need to just be happy because I know God's got my back... and really that's all I need. Worrying has got me nowhere, b/c God's got a plan and I'm just going to have to sit tight through the rough patches. (Something I'm not good at)

I hope everyone has a wonderful blessed day.
Christi

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christi! nice blog! Keep it up!
    www.lillianstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that, Christi. Very well-said.

    ReplyDelete