Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"They've Got Each Other"


“They’ve Got Each Other”

 

Last night was the Pigskin Preview at RSS Sterling High school. Basically, it’s where the football team and other extracurricular activities come out, get introduced and show their stuff. This was the new Swing Choir’s first performance.

This is Kirsten’s second year in Swing Choir and I know it’s going to be a fabulously fun year. Her first year was fun, but she was in with a lot of Seniors that she got to know well but wasn’t close to til she became a Swing Choir member. This year, her best friend Valerie Smith is in with her, along with her good friend Austin Putt, that she’s known since they were about three, her boyfriend and several others she’s really close to. (God help the choir teachers) They are already a close knit group and I know that’s just going to make it more fun for them.

I was a little nervous for them last night because it was the first performance as a group… and you know, first performances; the second day of school could be iffy. BUT, they rocked it. Star Spangled Banner… Awesome. Then they did Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi… was really great! (Except during Kirsten’s solo her mic repeatedly went out) Technical difficulties… she handled it well. I probably would have banged the mic on the floor a few times… but thank goodness she doesn’t always take after me!

I can’t wait to see what the year holds for them. It’ll be the highlight of their Senior Year when they look back. “They’ve got each other… and that’s a lot.” (I couldn’t resist the Livin’ on a Prayer reference people… I’m cheesy like that) This is going to be a fun year!



3 comments:

  1. Yay, you're blogging again!

    Three things: 1) It looks like K. is off to a fabulous senior year. 2) I'm glad her car accident was just with a tree. 3) Your post about her starting school literally made me almost cry. Man. I remember my senior year like it was yesterday and now we are the *parents* of those kids. I hope that you make it through and she does too. :) Hang in there, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl!!! I know this year will be a tough one for me!! We need to get together!!! I was going to be going to Las Vegas in September but the trip got cancelled last week!!! Do you ever get to Houston anymore?? I know with all those kiddos it's probably hard to get away!!! Hope ya'll have a good year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Houston in years. My parents and my sisters-in-law always come to me. I want to go out there but airfare for 6 is wicked expensive...but I do miss HOME.

    Wish your trip hadn't gotten cancelled (unless that is a good thing). I would have loved to have gotten together. Anytime you are in LV let me know and I'll meet you for lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete