Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Awesome God

Life has handed me some unexpected curveballs. And having as much excitement as I did when I was young (and not good excitement) made being normal, truly wonderful for me.

For the betterment of the last 15 yrs. I have been a wife and a mom. And I loved it. But along the way, when there is nothing just for you, sometimes you tend to lose yourself. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE being mom. I wouldn't trade it for the world. There is nothing on earth I'd rather do. AND I love being a wife. Sometimes the work is tedious, overlooked, and feels not worthwhile... but I know it is. I know that more than anything I ever do on earth, this is probably the MOST worthwhile thing I will do. That being said, Kirsten will be going off to college in 4.5 VERY SHORT YEARS! Breaks my heart, but I know this is what is MEANT to happen. So, what do I do? Where do I go? Of course, I'll still be a mom. And of course, I'll still be a wife. But what will I do? As the days and years go by, Kirsten needs me less and less. This is only natural, but still I find myself feeling displaced sometimes. I have asked for a long time... that God would lead me where he wants me to go. That God would literally SLAP me in the face with what I need to do. (I often need slapping to get my attention) But it had been so long... I was giving up. (Which just goes to show you... NEVER give up on God)

In what could only be called "A God Thing" an opportunity literally FELL in my lap. I wasn't even supposed to be there. God had to have led me there at the right time, and the right place. I found a partner, I found the money, my husband is all for it! (These things never happen) I'm being led, and I'm not second guessing myself. I KNOW what I want, and I know that it's right. Now, I've asked God to throw up the stop signs everywhere if this is not what HE wants. But so far, all systems are go, and I feel alive for the first time in a long time! I'm excited for me. It's been a very long time since I've been excited for me. It feels GOOD. I know this is going to be one of the hardest things I'll EVER do, but I know I can do it. I know I'll be good at it. (If I don't screw up the business side of it) lol.

Please pray for me. I can't wait to let people in on the specifics, but I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched. Pray that what needs to be done, will be done. Who needs to be involved will be involved. That the knowlege I need, will be there. And the most important, that I'm doing what God wants me to do.

"Our God is an Awesome God"

Christi

2 comments:

  1. Oh exciting! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Christi! I'm with you, on being a mom...it's wonderful. But how great to be doing something for YOU. My oldest is the same age as Kirsten and it's been a much harder adjustment for me than I'd imagined, to have him grow up and away. When people say "they grow up so fast" they're not kidding!

    I do hope everything works out just right for your new plan.

    ReplyDelete